Dynamics GP (102)
Here are some facts that you can share with your boss in order to convince him/her that GP is right for your company!
1. Dynamics GP Will Help Employees Work Better, Faster, and Smarter!
Dynamics GP gives employees a role tailored experience relevant to specific jobs in a company. This will enable you to properly allocate resources in your company. The system is organized by module and each module is organized by Transactions, Inquires, Setup processes, Cards, Routines, Report, and Utilities. This intuitive experience will keep your employees organized so they can work more efficiently. View our Dynamics GP Quick Overview.
2. Dynamics GP Drives Your Business and Supports Your Business Growth!
Dynamics GP offers many capabilities! Whether your company has 10 employees or 500 employees. You can use the modules that you need and as your business grows you can utilize more of GP's features. GP is capable of meeting your highest financial demands without foregoing performance!
3. You Can Get Great Plains Up and Running in No Time!
Dynamics GP has implementation tools in place to get GP up and running in an efficient manner. WebSan Solutions, the Largest Hosting Provider for Microsoft Dynamics in Canada can help you! We would be with you every step of the way! We provide implementation, support and training services to ensure your project meets your budget and timeline!
Natalie Williams, Marketing Manager, WebSan Solutions Inc., an Ontario Business Achievement Award for Service Excellence 2014 Finalist
Everyone has turned to YouTube to gain information, insight and knowledge about everything and anything. Visit WebSan Solutions YouTube channel to watch helpful videos about GP modules.
WebSan University is bringing knowledge to life by creating a series of interactive online courses through an easy-to-use intuitive system. Who said corporate training has to be boring? Empower your employees with online training!
Top Dynamics GP YouTube Videos
10 Tricks in 30 Minutes – The Top 10 Features of Dynamics GP You’re Not Using and Should Be!
Management Reporter for Microsoft Dynamics ERP
Purchase Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Project Accounting 101
Sales Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics GP
By: Natalie Williams, Marketing Coordinator, WebSan Solutions Inc., Canadian Silver Certified Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner
The US Court announced recently that all European Hosting Providers are obliged to hand over ALL their data to the US government. According to US Magistrates court judge James C. Francis, internet and cloud companies must turn over all information to US government agencies on demand, regardless of where the data is held.
This means that even if you use a European Provider to host your services, the law might still apply to your case if the provider's data centers are located in the USA. You can read the full article here.
After the NSA revelations and their surveillance activities, this announcement adds an an additional concern for those companies in the European Union that consider working with a US hosting provider or anyone in their country that utilizes US data centers.
The good news is that Canada is not affected by this announcement and you can securely choose a Canadian cloud hosting provider, without worrying about leaking your confidential information.
WebSan Solutions can help you by offering Dynamics GP Hosting Services through our Partner Program. Also, if you are a Microsoft Partner and only offer Dynamics GP on-premise, we can help you serve new clients efficiently. Plus, WebSan offers you peace of mind by hosting your data securely in our SAS70/SSAE16 certified data centre in Toronto, Canada.
Join our webinar on May 15, 12 pm EST and learn more information about our Microsoft Dynamics GP hosting services and how we can help close the gap between you and your clients.
Doriana Kote, Web Marketing Coordinator, WebSan Solutions Inc., a Channel Elite Awards Winner for 2013
WebSan Solutions has launched the Project Accounting Webinar Series, aiming to take your skills to the next level, whether you are a total beginner or an advanced user in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Why do you need Project Accounting?
By taking an ordered and logical approach to your project accounting and training methods, you will be able to cut financial costs to your overall business activity.
Also, through logical project accounting and fundamental organisation techniques, you will be able to quickly see a marked improvement in expenditure and customer satisfaction.
Each month our Project Accounting Webinar Series will cover one of the following topics:
• Setup and Key Concepts
• Budgeting and Costs
• Inquiries and Reporting
• Posting Setup and Control
• Revenue Recognition
Most importantly, these webinars are FREE so everyone can join us on this training journey.
Don't miss this month Part 2– Budgeting and Costs on April 24, 11 am - 12 pm EST.
Coming Next – Project Accounting Transactions
I've seen it numerous times...it happens in law firms, accounting firms, consulting firms, and any company where employees are the "product" upon which revenues are based.
The problem with the professional services industry is that a large key to success is cash flow management. That means that you must effectively manage the time between when your resources perform the work and when the customer pays. Let's take a look at the whole process.
Part 1 : Time and Expense reporting
To effectively get your personnel to report their time and expenses, it must be simple. Some of the ways to address this are :
- enable your team to enter their time and expenses through a simple to use web portal, or even a mobile device. That way it doesn't take a significant amount of time out of their day to "get their paperwork in".
- set up a process whereby remote users can simply mail their expense receipts to head office (or even scan them into a central server). The receipts should be indexed with the expense report number as well.
Part 2 - billing entry
- the time and expense reports should be approved by a manager, preferably online, and afterwards should move seamlessly into the billing engine
- the billing process should be automated from the time and expense reporting, with minimal, if any, manual intervention. We find in most professional services firms that this is an area where the most manual intervention takes place.
- if the invoices need to be approved as well, this should be done online and with workflow. This step is usually a "crutch" for poor time and expense reporting accuracy, so it's acceptable for this to be part of the process to ease the transition to a new system for management. After a while, however, this approval step should be eliminated.
Part 3 - customer invoicing
- during all professional services systems implementations, I insist on the client providing us 2-3 customers to interview. This is because the #1 reason why bills are not paid on time is because they are not clear and concise for the customers.
- invoices should be standardized, but can also be customized by customer. This is a service I would recommending charging for, but it can also reduce their time-to-pay. The theory is simple: if a customer gets their bill in exactly the format they're looking for, then why would they need time to reconcile it against their records? Provide as much information as possible, presented in a way that they want, and watch your open AR shrink.
So there are some creative ways to affect your cash-to-cash cycle, while improving customer service and reducing costs as well.
Don’t miss out! Last week, Microsoft released Service Pack 4 for Dynamics GP 10.0. The lastest Service Pack contains a long list of fixes, reaching almost every GP module. Updates in Service Pack 1, 2 and 3 are included in Service Pack 4. For GP 10.0 customers, Service Packs require the modified forms and reports to be updated using GP Utilities.
As always, services packs & patches can be downloaded from CustomerSource (https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/). CustomerSource also includes detailed instructions on installation & features, however, please test your system prior to implementation. Of importance to our Canadian customers, the latest tax patch should now be installed in order to account for changes in CPP & EI deduction maximums. If you missed the boat, please give us a call! WebSan is one of only a few Dynamics Partners in all of Canada certified in Payroll.
In my last entry, I discussed downloading the latest Service Pack from CustomerSource. Since then, I have had people asking me, how to I access CustomerSource & what is it? So I thought I would provide a little more insight on your new best friend.
Like any best friend, CustomerSource is available 24/7 (although you have to bribe Microsoft by getting on a service plan). Loaded with tools & information, it can help you increase efficiency & productivity. How? Well, the many self-help resources such as Knowledge Base, technical documentation and access to online training are a good start. CustomerSource is also a one-stop resource for access to news & information to help you maintain your business management solution. Pay CustomerSource a visit at https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/
My favourite section for new users is E-Learning. Browse the hundreds of training programs available (did I mention they were free!). Become a Dynamics GP expert. Or try one your hand at one of the many other products training is provided for. Maybe it’ll help you solve that one problem that no one in the office can figure out. Then you’ll have even more friends!