It's that time of the year again! The wave 1 release for Microsoft Dynamics 365 has been launched. The release includes hundreds of new features and innovations across the Dynamics 365 applications from April 2021 through September 2021.
Here is a highlight of a few top features that will offer new capabilities and added functionality for your business.
Dynamics 365 Sales
- The latest release wave of updates enables Dynamics 365 Sales users a new mobile experience for sellers that provides quick & easy real-time access to important customer information whenever or wherever they need it with the Dynamics 365 Sales Hub app
- Conversation intelligence will provide insights on top of video calls and calls with multiple participants. New filters in the deal manager workspace will allow sellers to easily find opportunities by searching, quickly setting a column filter, or choosing a time-based slicer.
- A new pipeline manager workspace now creates a personalized area for sellers to quickly view and interact with their sales pipeline bringing a more intuitive and streamlined way of working.
Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Updates to Dynamics 365 Marketing focuses on delivering deeper personalization and more channels to engage and reach your customers. Improved targeting using AI-generated segments allowing you to target high-value customers.
- With the 2021 release, Microsoft has improved the processes between Business Central and Microsoft Teams and has also strengthened the solution's Excel and Outlook plug-ins.
- Increased channels to reach your customers now include the ability to create and send SMS messages to any mobile phone.
- New built-in analytics dashboards and cross-journey insights In real-time allows you to monitor your customer journeys and channel KPIs.
Dynamics 365 Finance
- Dynamics 365 Finance continues to bring intelligent automation to users. This release brings an intelligent cash flow offering to public preview with automation based on predictive results. Microsoft has harnessed the power of AI into finance processes to help organizations make quick and informed business decisions.
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management expands on inventory and logistics scenarios providing a single, organization-wide source of truth for inventory quantity-on-hand with the Inventory Visibility Add-in
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations delivers rich new experiences with the ability to forecast, use, and invoice non-stocked materials on projects.
Dynamics 365 Customer Voice
- Dynamics 365 Customer Voice adds rich insights by feeding real-time survey data into customer records. Dynamics 365 Customer Voice provides an easy-to-use interface for creating surveys to generating actionable insights based on customer feedback, with minimal setup time.
We recommend reviewing the full release plan for applications that you use in detail: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365-release-plan/2021wave1/
What’s New November 2019 for Office 365?
Sheet View in Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel received a GA update which has been called Sheet View. When multiple people are working on a single database everyone is aware that someone made a change. Sometimes you might want to make an edit to make some additional changes for yourself, but you don’t want to disrupt what the other members are working on. You can filter and edit the data in the excel spreadsheet and then select if you want these changes viewable to yourself or to everyone else. If you select the option to make it just for me, you can save these results as a separate view that you can edit later.
Dark Mode for OneNote 2016
Dark mode is available on OneNote for Windows 10, OneNote for iPhone and OneNote for Mac it’s now available on OneNote 2016. If dark mode is already been setup with one of your office apps then OneNote will inherit the mode as well. This dark mode feature is available to all Office 365 subscribers.
November Update for Windows 10
The November updates for Windows 10 have been released. The 1909 version of Windows 10 offers new features such as the Windows Search Experience Explorer. If you wish to install this update search for the Windows Update Setting to download the update.
Microsoft has created 2 new security offering for its higher GCC clients.
Microsoft App Cloud Security: This service is all about offering the highest security for any Apps in the cloud. It provides insights as to who has access to the app and the data that is stored inside them.
Azure Threat Protection: This threat protection can strengthen the business against any possible threats. 90% of breaches are normally due to a previous identity compromise. With Azure Threat, Protection businesses can continue to enhance their security to protect their businesses. These services are available in the GCC high environment so then can contact their partner or a Microsoft representative access to these solutions.
Microsoft Forms now offers a new question type where users can add files in their survey responses. Users will no longer have to follow up with the respondents that submit a survey. When a file is added to a survey it is saved in a OneDrive folder and which can later be tracked and analyzed.
Microsoft Endpoint Manager
Configuration Manager and Intune have been turned into a single product called Microsoft Endpoint Manager. The licensing for Microsoft End Point Manager has been combined to make Intune User Licenses available to Configuration Manager customers that are co-managing Windows 10 devices. This collaboration allows for Configuration Manager to connect to the cloud and allows users to start using Microsoft Endpoint Manager. Any workflows that are on either Android or Apple devices would require additional InTune device.
Microsoft has just released a Sticky Note integration for Microsoft Outlook on the web. Sticky Notes can be created or viewed from within Outlook on the web. This makes it easier than ever to quickly add in any of your new ideas or random thoughts all in one place.
Microsoft Productivity Score
Microsoft Productivity Score will help owners determine how they can work to create a better organization. Using the Microsoft Productivity score will give owners the tools needed to optimize their businesses with real data. Providing an insider look of where it currently stands in terms of productivity. After collecting data about the company this information can be used to answer multiple questions. How is your company communicating internally? What technologies are set in place to create a more productive environment? How can we make the current processes better? All these questions can be answered with the Microsoft Productivity Score. After analyzing the company, it will provide some tips on how to answer these questions and optimize the company.
Dynamics 365 Unified Interface: Are you ready?
Hold on to your hats because the Unified Interface for D365 is taking us on an exciting and wild ride of new layouts, features, and functionality. If you have not heard the standard web interface of D365 will soon be a thing of the past and will be replaced with the Unified Interface, providing Users across all devices the exact same experience.
Join us for this free webinar which will cover the following topics:
- What is the Unified Interface
- Changes to Navigation, Forms, and Business Process Flows
- New Features being introduced which are only available on the Unified Interface
Date: Thursday December 5, 2019
Time: 11:00AM - 12:00PM EST